My mom and I talk about everything and lately, I’ve become way more picky in regards to the male gender. So as I was talking to her this morning, I got the idea to write 10 things I want in a MAN. Not a boy, a MAN. God is in control of everything. I have faith he’ll bring the right people into my life when the time is right. Until then, I’m making a list and I’m checking it twice.
1. The guy I meet HAS to be Christian. And not just a “Yeah, I pray on Christmas” type Christian. Someone who has just as much faith than I do in God. I want a man who isn’t afraid to wake up at 9 AM to go to church and learn more about God.
2. If my family does not approve of you, you are gone! My family is on a completely different level than you are. My family comes first. If you’re rude, arrogant, or can’t even say please or thank you, yeah… this aint gonna work. Goodbye.
3. I am a very stubborn girl. It irritates me how stubborn I am at times. It is a part of me though and any man who isn’t a jerk about it, but says “Hey Sam, chill. I’ll take care of it”, he’s a winner in my book. I like it when a man (excluding ex boyfriends, they had that chance) tell me to chill. I want the man to wear the pants and call the shots. I have only had one man that I dated say “Sam, stop. You’re being dramatic” and even though it didn’t work out, I have more respect for him than any other ex boyfriend of mine because he did so. So wear the pants and I’ll just sit back for the ride.
4. I get bored easily. If we’re just doing the same old stuff, different day nonsense, I will get bored. I like to change things up a bit. I’m a very laid back girl in regards to dates. I’ll do anything, except pet snakes. Snakes are nasty! Eww. I will jump in a river, I’ll go hiking. I like anything outside. The more we sit and do the same thing everyday, the more I think “Man, I wish we were doing this or this”. I do though like to sit and watch a movie every now and then when it’s rainy or cold outside.
5. I want someone who has their own life together. I mean, no one’s perfect. He doesn’t need to be a lawyer or doctor. Just as long as he has his own life together. Like he’s in school or he has a job and doesn’t live with mommy and daddy. Pays his own bills and ect. He doesn’t need to have a masters degree, just a life he’s a peace with in a adult form.
6. Hey, if you like sports; let’s be friends! I can sit and have the time of my life watching sports. I love them almost as much as I love instant mac and cheese. A guy who isn’t into sports is boring to me. I like a guy who can scream and get just as into the games as I do. I find that facinating.
7. I’m more of the “I dig preppy boys” girl. I like a guy who is clean cut, laid back style. Not all emo-ish and doesn’t take care of himself. I’m sorry, I think guys who don’t shower or take care of themselves are so icky. It’s not even funny.
8. Creativity is a amazing ability to have in everyone. I love being around people I can inspire with their art and they can inspire me with my photography. I get inspired in the smallest way. So someone who can cheer me on and inspire me is going to make me the happiest girl.
9. If you can make me laugh, you’re golden. Laughter makes my whole day worth wild.
10. And finally, I want someone to know that I’m not perfect. I’ve made mistakes in my life and I’ve faced the consequences. I feel I’ve learned more about life in the past eighteen years than I ever thought I’d imagine. God has blessed me with situations in which I know who I am through. I’m silly, loud, sarcastic at times, a listener, stubborn, outspoken, and lively. I don’t believe anyone is perfect. However; God thinks I’m special and if someone can see what God sees in me and what I see in him, than I think I’ve found my top ten man.
I’m not writing this in hopes some man will sweep me off my feet. I don’t think I’ve ever processed to myself though all I’ve wanted in someone. I’ve dated too many guys to not sit and think “what do I want? What does Samantha want in a person?”. Butterflies only fly for so long and I want someone who can make them fly everytime he walks into a room. I have more faith in God than ever that his plan will far exceed mine anyday.